Aloo And Vegetable Toasted Sandwich is a great breakfast option that is not only delicious but filling too. This sandwich is easy to make and can be given in the lunch box. I like to add vegetables like carrot, beans, green peas, capsicum etc. to the mashed potatoes to make the sandwich healthy and nutritious.
You may like to try our other similar sandwich recipes like Cottage Cheese Grilled Sandwich, Quick Vegetable And Mayonnaise Sandwich, Grilled Zucchini Eggplant Sandwich and Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich.
Yield: 10 pieces
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients For Aloo And Vegetable Toasted Sandwich
10 slices of sandwich bread
2 to 3 tablespoon butter
For the filling
300 grams boiled aloo mashed (potato)
1 carrot chopped fine
10 beans chopped fine
½ capsicum chopped fine
1 onion chopped fine
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
¼ teaspoon haldi (turmeric)
1 teaspoon dhania (coriander powder)
½ teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon chat masala
1 teaspoon jeera (cumin) (optional)
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon oil
Directions For Aloo And Vegetable Toasted Sandwich
For the filling
- Heat oil in a pan; add jeera, then onions, ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add beans, carrot, saute and cover and cook on low heat.
- Now add the capsicum, all the dry masalas and saute for a minute.
- Add the mashed potato and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Switch off the heat; add coriander and lemon juice and mix.
How to proceed
- Apply butter on one side of all the slices.
- Apply green chutney on another side of 5 slices and tomato ketchup on the 5 slices.
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoon of the filling on all the five chutney slices.
- Cover with the slice having sauce side down and butter side up.
- Place in a sandwich maker and toast till golden and crisp.
- Serve with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
Note: You can avoid butter if you want to. Whole wheat bread can be used without compromising on the taste.