Matar Paneer Ka Mini Paratha (Cottage cheese and green peas stuffed indian bread) is inspired by the very popular Matar paneer ki sabji. I love green peas and find ways to use them more and more. As this is winter and plenty of fresh peas are available in the market all over India, I have used fresh green peas but you can also use frozen ones.
Parathas are very popular breakfast in the North Indian states. In fact we love eating them for any meal. Parathas can be made by stuffing various kinds of fillings. To name a few we have Aloo Methi Paratha, Aloo Pyaz Paratha, Palak Paneer ka Paratha to name a few.
Enjoy the Pratha with Tamater Ki Khatti Meethi chutney (Sweet and Sour Tomato Chutney), dahi (curd) and pickle. Here is the recipe with step by step pictures.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients For Matar Paneer Ka Mini Paratha
Atta dough for paratha
Oil for smearing
1 cup fresh Green Peas (frozen can be used)
1 bay leaf
2 whole cardamoms
1 teaspoon Ginger chopped
2 Green chillies chopped
¼ teaspoon Asafoetida (Hing)
½ teaspoon garam masala
½ cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
1 tablespoon coriander chopped
½ teaspoon lemon juice
1 tsp Salt to taste
2 tablespoon oil
Directions For Matar Paneer Ka Mini Paratha
- In a food processor bowl add the peas, ginger and green chilies, make a very coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan; add asafoetida, bay leaves, cloves and cardamoms.
- Add the green peas paste and sauté on low heat till the mixture is dry and becomes crumbly.
- Add the salt, garam masala and mix well.
- Take it off the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Now add the paneer, coriander, lemon juice and mix.
How to Proceed
- Knead the dough for a minute, divide into small lemon size portions and make balls.
- Take a ball, flatten it and stuff with equal amount of the filling, close and roll with a help of flour into small paratha.
- Heat a tava (skillet) on medium heat, gently place the paratha and flip on the other side after bubbles start to appear.
- Apply oil and flip again to oil this side also.
- Cook until both sides become golden and crisp.
- Make all the parathas in the same way.