Shikampuri Grilled Tinda (Indian Squash/Round Melon) is a delicious bharwan tinda (stuffed tinda) dish. This is a versatile dish that can be served as starter or side dish. The stuffing is made of paneer, khoya and dry fruits thus making this dish rich and delicious.
Tinda or Round gourd is a vegetable that most of us don’t want to include them in our meals. But this recipe of Shikampuri grilled tinda will make everyone go wow!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients For Shikampuri Grilled Tinda
300 grams tinda/ Indian Squash/Round Melon
Pinch of haldi
½ teaspoon salt
For the stuffing
1 green chilli chopped
1 teaspoon ginger chopped fine
2 teaspoon garlic chopped fine (optional)
2 teaspoon coriander chopped fine
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon kaju roughly chopped (cashew)
2 tablespoon kismis (raisin)
¼ cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
¼ cup grated khoya (solidified milk)
1 tablespoon bhuna masala (cumin, chilli, dhania)
1 teaspoon chat masala
Salt to taste
1+1 tablespoon oil/ ghee
Directions For Shikampuri Grilled Tinda
- Peel the tinda and scoop out the flesh from inside. Keep the flesh aside to be used for filling.
- Bring water to boil, add salt, haldi, tinda and boil till half cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan; add garlic, ginger, chilli and the scraped flesh and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped cashew and saute for a minute.
- Now add khoya, paneer, kismis, salt, bhuna masala, chat masala and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and add lemon juice, coriander and mix.
- Fill in all the tindas with this stuffing.
- Heat a grill pan, drizzle oil and place the tindas. Grill the tindas on all the sides well.
- Sprinkle chat masala and serve.