Aata Aur Gond Ke Laddu is a winter special recipe. These laddus are rich in calories but still nutritious as they are packed with the goodness of almonds, coconut, cardamom and gond (edible gum/tragacanth gum). Gond helps to keep warm during winter. It is also good for bone health. Gond ka laddu is commonly given to lactating women but this recipe is made for all to enjoy.
The shelf life of these laddoo’s are 1 to 2 months. To enjoy the best taste, microwave them for 30 seconds and eat. They can be eaten at all time except summer. They are really good for winter breakfast with a cup of hot milk.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Ingredients For Aata Aur Gond Ke Laddu
500 grams aata
500 ml ghee
200 grams gond(edible gum/ tragacanth gum/ katira)
1cup chopped badam (almonds)
1 cup grated khopra (dry coconut)
1 tablespoon elaichi powder(cardamom)
500 to 600 grams bura /powder sugar
Directions For Aata Aur Gond Ke Laddu
- Heat ghee in a big broad Kadai or a wok; add aata and stir to mix well.
- Keep the heat to medium for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Reduce the heat to low and let is roast well, stir occasionally till it is golden brown.
- In the meantime crush the gond into small pieces but not fine and set aside.
- Grate the khopra and set aside.
- Check the aata, it should change colour to brown, and the aroma of the ghee and aata should fill the room. This is the right time to proceed with the other ingredients.
- Now increase the heat to high, while stirring add the gond in 2 to 3 batches to the roasted aata. When the first batch of gond pops up with a sound add the next batch.
- Then add the almonds, khopra and saute on medium heat till the almonds turns pink.
- Switch off the heat, remove the wok from the hot burner and let the temperature come down till it is warm.
- Now is the time to add cardamom and bura to the aata mixture, mix well to get a homogeneous mixture.
- Make the laddu (balls) of desired size and arrange in a plate or a tray. If while making laddus the aata becomes cold then heat it a little, just to make it warm again.
- Let the laddus come to room temperature and then only transfer in an air tight container.
- These laddus can be stored for more than a month, even 2 months.