Atte Ka Halwa (Whole wheat flour pudding) is a healthy sweet made with whole wheat flour. This halwa can be made quickly and easily with few ingredients found in every kitchen. Cardamom powder adds fragrance and almonds adds crunch to the soft creamy halwa. Sometimes also called as Atte Ka Sheera.
Yield: 3 to 4 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for Atte Ka Halwa
½ cup atta (whole wheat flour)
1/3 cup ghee (clarified butter)
½ cup sugar
1½ cups warm water
2 tablespoon almonds crushed
1 tablespoon almond flakes
½ teaspoon cardamom powder
Directions for Atte Ka Halwa
- Heat ghee in a pan; add atta and saute on low heat till the atta turns brown and aromatic.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoon water and saute till the moisture evaporates. Repeat 2 more times.
- Now pour in the hot water and stir to remove all the lumps.
- Add sugar, almonds and stir till the sugar melts and the halwa is thick.
- Switch off the heat and add cardamom powder.
- Serve immediately garnished with almond flakes.