Quick Keshar Pista Sandesh (ricotta cheese sweet balls) is the simplest sweet one can make. It can be made really fast with few ingredients available at home. This mouth melting Sandesh is refreshing and super delicious.
Sandesh often known as Sondesh is a favourite sweet of the Bengalis, now popular all over India. Made with chenna or paneer (ricotta cheese) and sugar or Jaggery, sandesh can be made in a variety of flavors, textures and shapes. Sandesh is best eaten the same day as it tends to dry up there after.
You can also watch our Video on making of Quick Kesar Pista Sandesh!
Yield: 10 to 12 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Quick Keshar Pista Sandesh
1 litre milk
100 grams sugar
1/3 teaspoon elaichi powder (cardamom)
5 badam (almond) chopped fine
5 pista (pistachio) chopped fine
Few strands of saffron.
Directions for Quick Keshar Pista Sandesh
- In a pot bring the milk to boil, reduce the heat and then add juice of ½ the lemon to curdle the milk. If required add more lemon juice so that the milk solid is separated completely.
- Strain and wash the paneer under tap water to remove the sourness. Keep it under light weight for 20 minutes to drain excess water.
- In the meantime chop the pista and badam finely and set aside.
- Soak saffron in 1 teaspoon milk and set aside.
- Place the paneer in a plate and mash it well with the end of your palm for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar, cardamom and continue to rub with your palm till it is smooth, approximately for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Divide the chenna into 10 to12 portions and roll to shape like balls and then slightly flatten them.
- Crush the saffron with the back of a spoon so that the colour and flavour is infused in the milk.
- Now garnish all the chenna balls with saffron and chopped nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.