Classic Homemade Pizza And Pasta Sauce is best when made with fresh tomatoes, and a good amount of garlic. This sauce calls for fresh basil which I have plenty growing in my balcony. Made with all the fresh ingredients, this sauce is too delicious and perfect for your pizza and pasta.
This sauce is quite easy to make but takes some time to simmer the sauce to achieve the right consistency. With this sauce you might not need additional seasoning on your pizza. Pasta made with this sauce is delicious. You can keep it refrigerated for one week or else freeze it to be used later.
Yield: 400 to 500 grams
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45 to 50 minutes
Ingredients for Pizza AND PASTA Sauce
500 grams tomato
1 cup onions chopped
2 tablespoon garlic chopped fine
2 tablespoon basil leaves
¼ cup tomato paste
2 tablespoon oregano
2 tablespoon chilli flakes
2 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon parmesan grated (optional)
Salt to taste
¼ cup olive oil
Directions for Pizza AND PASTA Sauce
- Wash the tomatoes and make 3 to 4 slits on them.
- Heat a pan with ½ cup water and add the tomatoes and cover and cook till the skin starts to come off.
- Cool the tomatoes and peel the skin.
- Grind to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan; add garlic, onions and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add oregano, chilli, sugar, salt and toss.
- Now add tomatoes, the paste and cook till the sauce thickens and is of desired consistency.
- Switch off the heat; add basil, Parmesan and mix.
- Flavorful and delicious sauce is ready.
- Note: Please feel free to adjust the seasoning according to your palate.