Baba Ganoush (Healthy Brinjal Dip) is a Middle Eastern and Mediterranean dip made with roasted Brinjal (eggplant) and tahini paste (sesame paste). With just a few simple ingredients, you really can make a delicious dip out of it. This creamy and smoky dip is served with toasted pita wedges and vegetable sticks as a starter.
Ingredients for Baba Ganoush
1 Aubergine roasted
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ tsp paprika, or to taste
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
Chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
Directions for Baba Ganoush
- Roast the brinjal on fire by turning on all the sides so that it is evenly roasted. Cover with a damp napkin and let it rest for 10 minutes. Peel and mash with a fork to a paste.
- Now add the garlic, tahini, salt, cumin, paprika to the mashed baigan and give it a good stir.
- Adjust the seasoning and lemon to taste.
- Serve in a broad shallow bowl like dish.
- Spread with the back of a spoon to form shallow well.
- Just before serving drizzled with olive oil and sprinkle with a bit more cumin and paprika.
- Garnish with a spring of parsley.
Note: You can use store bought Tahini paste. I prefer to make at home.