This vegatble Au gratin commonly known as Baked Vegetables is topped with spinach. The hint of tabasco gives a tangy taste to the dish. This is a wholesome meal, truly satisfying.
Yield: Serves 4
Prep time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
For the vegetables
½ cup carrot diced
½ cup beans diced
1 cup cauliflower florets
½ cup broccoli florets
½ cup corn nib lets
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 tsp chilli flakes
1½ cups white sauce or Benchamel sauce
½ cup grated cheese (cheddar)
For the topping
¾ cup spinach blanched and chopped fine
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion chopped fine
A pinch salt
½ cup white sauce
½ cup cheese grated
A dash of Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degree Fahrenheit.
- Steam the vegetables with a little salt till half cooked (aldente)
- Mix together the white sauce, cheese, vegetables, chilli flakes and mixed herbs.
- Transfer the vegetable gratin to a greased baking dish.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and stir for a minute.
- Now add the spinach and salt, cook till there is no moisture left.
- Stir in ½ cup of white sauce and mix well.
- Spread a layer of spinach on the vegetables evenly.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and dot with Tabasco sauce.
- Bake till cheese melts and becomes light brown.
- Serve with garlic bread.
Note: Combination of vegetables can be changed as per your liking