These Baked Zucchini Bites can be called mini zucchini pizzas. They are amazingly tasty and very simple to make. This quick fix starter will never fail to impress your friends and family. This is a great way of including the otherwise blend Zucchini in your meals.
How can I forget to mention that the basil used are plucked from my Balcony Garden just minutes before using. Indeed it is a pleasure to grow herbs in your garden and use them fresh.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients For Baked Zucchini Bites
1 large Zucchini cut into 1/3” thick slices
½ red capsicum chopped
½ yellow capsicum chopped
1 onion chopped
½ cup grated cheese
½ cup ready to use pizza sauce (I used fun foods)
1½ teaspoon oil
½ teaspoon mixed herbs
Few basil leaves (optional)
Directions For Baked Zucchini Bites
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the capsicum and onion on high heat for 2 minutes. Add the herbs and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Spray oil on a baking tray, place the zucchini slices, spray oil again on the slices and grill for 2 minutes.
- Now on each of the slice, spread sauce, sprinkle some onion and capsicum pieces and grated cheese.
- Grill for 3 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a basil leaf on top.