Fruit and Vegetable Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing is a delicious and fiber rich salad. It is a perfect blend of fruits, nuts and vegetables with a simple, easy to make dressing. I have used baby spinach straight from my balcony garden, further adding freshness to the salad.
The nutrients in fruit are vital for health and maintenance of your body. Vegetables are great options for consuming dietary fiber and are important part of healthy eating. Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fats and antioxidants, offering many health benefits.
This Salad is a power house of nutrients and provides with substantial amount of daily requirement of vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants.
I can assure you that it will be loved by all. So go ahead and give this salad a try.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 cook time
1 orange segment
1 medium apple sliced
2 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
1 tomato sliced
1 cucumber sliced
1 cup baby spinach
1/3 cup walnuts toasted
2 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/3 teaspoon pepper (freshly grounded)
Salt to taste
Tabasco sauce optional
- Transfer all the ingredients for the dressing in a small jar with a lid. Shake vigorously and set aside.
- In a small pan roast the walnuts lightly over low heat. Set aside
- In a large salad bowl layer the ingredients for the salad (except the walnuts).
- Keep the salad in the refrigerator covered with a cling wrap.
- Just before serving pour the dressing and toss well.
- Through in the walnuts.