Methi & Sweet Corn Pulao is a rice dish made with sweet corn and methi (Fenugreek) leaves. The bitterness of methi leaves compliments the sweetness of corn, thus balancing the flavours well. This dish, being a meal on its own, can be served along with Kachumber Raita or Sweet and Sour Tomato Chutney.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
2 cups Basmati Rice
1 cup sweet corn kernels boiled (frozen can be used)
1 cup methi leaves chopped (fenugreek)
1 onion chopped
1” piece ginger grated
2 tomatoes grated
½ teaspoon haldi (turmeric powder)
½ teaspoon chilli powder
2 green cardamoms
1 stick cinnamon
2 bay leaves
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon ghee
½ cup yogurt beaten
4 cups water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Soak the rice and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a deep pan; add cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon and bay leaves and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and ginger and stir for 2 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes, stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the corn and fenugreek, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add turmeric, chilli and rice. (Drain the rice and add)
- Gently stir till rice is well coated, add yogurt, water and salt, give one stir.
- Ones it starts boiling cover and cook on low heat.
- When water is almost absorbed, stir in lemon juice, cover and cook till rice is done.
- Let it rest for few minutes before serving.
- Serve with Kachumber Raita and Papad.