Vegetable Kadai has mixed vegetables tossed with flavorful roasted masalas. You can change the combination of vegetables according to your taste. Other vegetables like green peas, corn niblets, and potatoes can be used for variation. Healthy, nutritious as well as delicious, Kadai vegetables is something that you will want to prepare again and again.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for Vegetable Kadai
100 grams paneer cubed (cottage cheese)
10 beans cut diagonally
2 Carrots cut diagonally
Cauliflower separated into florets of medium size
5 Baby corns cut diagonally
½ Green capsicums cubes
1 Tomato cubed
1 Onion cubed
2 Onions chopped fine
2 Tomatoes pureed
2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
3 tablespoons oil
½ teaspoon haldi (turmeric powder)
1 teaspoon kasoori methi
2 tablespoon cream
Salt to taste
1/3 teaspoon chat masala
1” ginger julienne for garnish
3 tablespoon coriander leaves chopped
For roasted masala
1½ tablespoon Coriander seeds
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
5 Dried red chillies
Directions for Vegetable Kadai
- Dry roast coriander, cumin seeds and red chillies and grind coarsely or pound.
- Blanch carrot, beans, corn and cauliflower.
- Heat the oil in a pan, and fry the paneer lightly. Drain and keep aside.
- Add the onions and sauté till golden brown, add ginger garlic paste and sauté for one minute.
- Now add the tomato puree, cook till the tomatoes are mushy.
- Add turmeric, kasoori methi and the roasted masala, stir.
- Add cubed onion and capsicum and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add all balnched vegetables, cubed tomatoes, salt and stir.
- Stir in cream and cook covered on low heat till the vegetables are cooked.
- Sprinkle chat masala powder.
- Garnish with ginger julienne and coriander leaves.