Dal Palak (Spinach Dal) is a quick and easy dish. It is packed with nutrition of spinach and moong dal (yellow lentil). It is not only nutritious but equally delicious. This rich in Iron and Protein dish tastes equally good with rice and khasta roti. A wholesome dish for the entire family.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1 cup Moong Dal washed
2 cups Palak chopped
2 tomatoes cut into 4 pieces
1 green chilli slit
1” piece of ginger chopped fine
¼ teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon cumin
A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
1 tablespoon Ghee
- Pressure cook, the dal, tomato, chilli and ginger with 3 cups of water. Give just 1 whistle. Switch off the heat.
- Open the lid after the pressure has released, take out the tomatoes, peel, and mash, and add to the dal.
- Now add the spinach, haldi, salt and cook uncovered till the spinach is soft.
- Checks the consistence of the dal, if required add water.
- Heat ghee in a small pan, add jeera, let it crackle and then add hing, then and red chilli. Pour immediately on the dal and give a boil.
- Serve with more tempering on top.