Cholai Ki Sabji (Amaranth) is a very nutritive vegetable. Cholai is a simple vegetable and I have kept this recipe as simple as can be. There are no spices added in this vegetable and yet it tastes really good. I like to pair this recipe with rice, dal and salad.
Amaranth is a good source of dietary fiber and minerals. It also provides with vitamins and folic acid.
Yield: 3 serving
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for Cholai Ki Sabji
500 grams cholai
1 tablespoon garlic sliced
½ cup onion sliced
2 green chilli slit
1 teaspoon jeera (cumin)
2 tablespoon oil (mustard)
Salt to taste
Directions for Cholai Ki Sabji
- Remove the hard or very thick stems and wash thoroughly 2 to 3 times to get rid of grit.
- Chop them finely and set aside.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan; add cumin, chilli, garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add onion and saute till the onions caramelize.
- Add the cholai and saute for a minute.
- Now add salt, toss and cover and cook till done.
- Open the lid and saute for 2 to 3 minutes till there is no moisture.