Coffee & Cookie Ice cream is easily prepared at home. A super creamy and delicious ice cream made without an Ice cream maker. People find it hard to believe that it is homemade and is made without the use of an Ice maker.
Yield: 1½ to 2 litres
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Freezing time: 12 to 14 hours.
For the base
½ litre full cream milk
7 tablespoon sugar
11/2 teaspoon instant coffee
2 teaspoon coco powder
2 tablespoon milk powder
1 tablespoon corn starch
11/2 tablespoon GMS (foam booster)
¼ teaspoon CMC (Alginate)
½ cup cream
10 chocolate chip cookies broken
1/2 cup Nutella
- In a bowl mix CMC, GMS, milk powder, cornstarch and 3 tablespoon milk and make it into a smooth paste. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan pour rest of the milk, add sugar and bring to a boil. Now add the milk powder mix and boil by string continuously.
- Reduce the heat to low and boil for 5 to 7 minutes or till the milk is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Now pour this mixture in a freezer safe container and freeze for 4 hours or till almost set but not hard.
- Now take it out from the freezer and transfer it in a food processor and add cream.
- Blend at least for 6 to 8 minutes till the mixture is light and frothy and should be at least 11/2 litres in volume. Add half of the broken cookies and whip.
- Pour it in a shallow freezer safe container, add the Nutella and stir lightly.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cookies on top and freeze overnight.
Note: You can whip it 2nd time if it is not light enough.