Badam Ka Halwa is an all-time favourite winter recipe. My mother used to prepare this halwa frequently during winter season for breakfast. Her’s is the best halwa I have eaten till date. I follow the exact recipe given by her. This is an easy dessert which can be prepared during festivals and special occasions.
Yield: 3 to 4 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1 cup badam soaked (Almonds)
1/4 cup aata (whole wheat flour)
1 cup milk + 1 cup water boiled together
1 cups sugar
½ teaspoon elaichi (cardamom) powder
1 teaspoon badam sliced (Almonds)
½ cup ghee
- Grind the soaked badam to a paste.
- Heat the ghee in a pan; add the flour and sauté till the flour is light brown.
- Now add the badam paste and sauté on low heat till brown in colour and there is no moisture left.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon water and sauté till water evaporates. Repeat 2 more times.
- Now add the hot milk, stir till it starts to boil, cover and cook till all the moisture has evaporated.
- Add the sugar and stir till you achieve the desired consistency.
- Switch off the heat and add cardamom.
- Serve with sliced badam.