Tandoori Roti is traditionally made in a tandoor with whole wheat flour. It is a staple of Punjabi cuisine. Now a days we do not generally have traditional tandoor at home, but still we can make this roti on a gas top. I have made this roti on an inverted wok or a Kadai. Try this method and you will not be disappointed.
Yield: 5 to 6 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Tandoori Roti
2 cups atta (whole wheat flour)
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup dahi (yogurt)
Directions for Tandoori roti
- Combine all the ingredients except butter and make a soft dough with water. You can make the dough in a food processor also.
- Cover and keep for 20 minutes.
- Place a wok / kadai upside down on high heat.
- Make small balls almost the size of a walnut.
- Now with the help of flour roll into a little thick Chapatti or tortilla.
- Apply little water on one side.
- Gently place the roti , water side down and leave for 20 to 25 seconds or till bubbles appear. Flip the wok and roast the roti on the flame till roasted.
- Remove with a tong.
- Apply butter and serve.