Homemade Flour Tortillas are fresh and soft. Made with only 4 ingredients these homemade tortillas are worth trying. They taste so much better than the store-bought ones. These tortillas keep well, and can be made in advance to be used when required.
Tortillas are a staple of Mexico. They are flat pancakes just like roti. They are used to make Quesadilla, wraps, burritos, nachos or served alongside vegetable dish or any meat dish.
Try our Vegetable Quesadilla and Cheesy Baked Vegetable Enchilada.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Homemade Flour Tortillas
1 cup plain flour (maida)
1 tablespoon oil
½ teaspoon salt
1½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup luke warm water
Directions for Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder and oil in a bowl.
- Make soft dough by adding water.
- Kneed it for 5 minutes, cover with a wet napkin and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Dust the surface with flour and roll into 7” diameter tortilla.
- Heat a skillet and roast tortilla lightly on both the sides.
- Keep covered in a napkin to keep them soft.
Note: The tortillas will keep well stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 24 hours. They can be frozen also. To freeze keep them wrapped in parchment paper and in zip lock bags.