Homemade Corn Tortillas are much better than the store bought tortillas. They are healthier, taster and much cheaper than the store bought ones. They’re extremely versatile and can be eaten in so many different ways – as a taco, a quesadilla, a burrito, a simple side used to soak up delicious saucy dishes, fried or baked to make tortilla chips or tostadas.
Try these tortillas with our Cheesy Baked Vegetable Enchilada.
Yields: 15 to 20
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Corn Tortillas
1 cup plain flour
1 cup Makai ka atta (maize flour)
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon oil
Directions for Corn Tortillas
- In a bowl mix plain flour, Makai ka atta, salt and oil.
- Add warm water and make a soft dough.
- Knead for 5 minutes and cover and keep for 10 minutes.
- Knead again and make balls.
- Roll with the help of plain flour into 6” thin round.
- Heat a skillet (tava) and cook lightly on both the sides.
- Transfer to a kitchen towel. Repeat with remaining dough.