Club Kachori (Urad Dal Poori) is more like a Poori but made with plain flour and lentil instead of whole wheat flour. They are very small, crisp and are midly spiced. These kachories are served for breakfast and can be served during big gatherings. They also make a great Sunday brunch. Try these masala pooris with Aloo Dum and I am sure you will want to eat them over and over again.
Serves: 4 to 5
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
2 cups Maida (All purpose flour)
½ cup suji (semolina)
½ cup urad dal (split black gram)
1 teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon kalonji (nigella seed)
2 to 3 green chilli
2 teaspoon chopped ginger
1 teaspoon oil
Oil to fry
- Soak urad dal in water for 4 hours. Drain.
- Grind ginger and green chillies and then add the dal and hing, grind to a coarse paste. Try not to add water.
- In a large bowl mix maida, suji, kalonji and salt. Mix well, add the dal paste and make firm dough. You might not need water at all depending on the thickness of the dal paste.
- Add in a tsp of oil and knead for 2 minutes. Cover the dough and let it rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Now pinch very small portion from the dough and roll into small Pooris.
- Heat oil and fry in batch of 3 to 4 on medium heat. If you want the Poori to be crisp then lower the heat when the Poori fluffs up.
- Similarly make all the Poori.
- Serve hot.