Chawal Ka Paratha is made with cooked left over rice. This paratha is delicious and made just like any other stuffed paratha. The onions adds crunch and coriander gives fresh flavor to this humble dish.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 7 minutes
Ingredients for Chawal Ka Paratha
Atta dough to make paratha
Ghee or oil for paratha
For the stuffing
1 cup cooked rice
1 onion chopped fine
1 green chilli chopped fine
1” piece of ginger grated
1 tablespoon coriander chopped
½ teaspoon jeera (cumin)
½ teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon amchur (dry mango powder)
Salt to taste
Directions for Chawal Ka Paratha
- Mix all the ingredients for the stuffing.
- Take lemon size ball from the dough; roll it to 3”diameter with the help of dry flour.
- Place a spoonful of the stuffing and close by bringing together the dough to form a ball again.
- Flatten the ball and roll to a thick paratha.
- Place on a hot griddle and flip after it is roasted a little.
- Apply ghee and flip again and apply ghee to this side also.
- Remove when roasted well on both the sides.