Coffee Mousse With Orange crumbles is an eggless dessert without gelatin or china grass. Made with few ingredients this mousse is quick and easy to make.
Coffee and chocolate are a great combination and becomes heavenly when combined with orange flavoured crust. This yummy soft mousse is light and fluffy. It’s a simple, sweet way to finish a meal and makes a great portable dessert, if you’re entertaining away from the dining table. Serve this dessert for large gathering or small party.
Yield: 5 to 6
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Coffee Mousse With Orange crumbles
For the crust
200 grams orange cookies (any other)
2 tablespoon butter melted
For the mousse
½ cup milk
250 grams chocolate chopped
1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
2 tablespoon sugar
1½ cups whipped cream
Directions for Coffee Mousse With Orange crumbles
- Crush the cookies to powder, add the butter and mix.
- Divide the mixture equally in 6 mousse cups and level by pressing and set aside.
- In a pot warm the milk; add the chopped chocolate and stir till the chocolate melts.
- Add coffee and sugar and mix well till dissolved or else heat this mixture on a double boiler for 3 to 4 minutes. Strain this mixture to get a smooth sauce. Let it come to room temperature.
- Keep ½ cup of the sauce for toping separately.
- Fold gently rest of the sauce in whipped cream to get even colored mousse.
- Now pipe this mousse in the prepared cups over the crust.
- Pour the chocolate sauce on top of each cup.
- Set in the refrigerator for 2 hours.