Cream Of Mushroom Soup (Vegetarian) is a delicious and creamy soup. This is a great appetiser very easy to make at home. This is a healthy comfort food that is quite filling. I have used homemade vegetable stock and even the herbs used are organically grown in my balcony.
Mushrooms are health food rich in protein, fibre, B vitamins (especially niacin), vitamin C, calcium, minerals, and selenium. They also contain antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory powers.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients For Cream Of Mushroom Soup (Vegetarian)
250 grams mushrooms
1 onion sliced
1 tablespoon garlic minced
1 tablespoon celery chopped
1 tablespoon parsley chopped
3 tablespoon cream
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon butter
3 cups of vegetable stock
Bread to serve
Directions For Cream Of Mushroom Soup (Vegetarian)
- Wipe mushrooms with wet napkin and slice.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a saucepan; add onion, garlic, celery and saute till well coated. Cover the lid on and cook gently until softened.
- Spoon out 4 tablespoons of mushrooms, and keep for later.
- Now add flour and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now blend the mushroom mixture with a hand blender or in a blender until smooth.
- Pour in the cream, bring to a boil, and turn off the heat.
- Toast the bread, top with the reserved mushrooms mixture and sprinkle cheese.
- Spoon the soup into bowls, garnish with the chopped parsley and remaining mushrooms.
- Serve with the bread on the side.