Basmati Pilaf With Dry Fruits (Dry Fruit Pulao) is a delicious rice dish. The gorgeous golden colour of this rice makes it a perfect dish to be served for parties and festivals.
The use of good quality Basmati Rice is very important for this recipe. I have used cranberry, almonds and raisins as a dry fruits but you can use other dry fruits (like cashew) of your choice. I have made this dish in rice cooker after sautéing the rice but you can make it in a pot also.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Ingredients For Basmati Pilaf With Dry Fruits
2 cups basmati rice soaked
1 cup onion diced
2 tablespoon garlic minced
2 tablespoon celery chopped
1 tablespoon raisins
1 tablespoon cranberry
1 tablespoon almond flakes roasted
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon pepper/paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
Salt to taste
Directions For Basmati Pilaf With Dry Fruits
- Wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes. Drain water from rice. Place strainer over bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan; add garlic, onion and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add rice and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, cumin, cinnamon and saute for a minute.
- Add salt, crack pepper, water, half raisins, cranberry, almonds and cook till all the liquid is absorbed. Switch off the heat.
- Now add rest of the raisins, cranberry and close the lid without mixing for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with fork gently taking care not to break the rice.
- Sprinkle almonds and serve.