Vegetable Chinese Stew is delicious and so simple that you are sure to fall in love with it. Packed with a variety of vegetables and nutrition this stew is best eaten with fragrant steamed rice.
For me, what make me love this dish is the different combination of vegetables. Feel free to add the type of ingredients that your family likes or used to eat. A simple, yummy vegetable stew, that goes perfectly with rice or noodles. Grab a bowl, ladle the hot broth on and enjoy!
You can also watch our Video on making on Vegetable Chinese Stew.
Yield: 4 serving
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGETABLE CHINESE STEW
1 tablespoon oil
½ cup cauliflower separated
1/3 cup carrot diagonally cut
1/3 cup french beans
1/3 cup baby corn diagonally cut
1/3 cup onion cubed
1/3 cup peppers cubed
1/3 cup cabbage cubed
¼ cup zucchini cubed
5 cups water
¼ cup corn starch +1/2 cup water
1/3 teaspoon chilli paste
2 teaspoon soya sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon oil
1 head bok choy cleaned
DIRECTIONS FOR VEGETABLE CHINESE STEW
- Heat oil in a pan; add garlic, ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Add cauliflower, carrot, baby corn, onion, french beans and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add zucchini, peppers, cabbage and saute for a minute.
- Stir in water and let it come to boil.
- Now mix corn starch in ½ cup water and add to the stew.
- Add the chilli paste, soya sauce, and pepper, salt and stir to mix well.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan, add the bok choy and saute for a minute.
- Now add this to the stew and boil.
- Switch off the heat and add lemon juice.
- Serve with steamed rice or fried rice.