Refried Bean Quesadilla is a Mexican dish made with pinto beans or black beans or kidney beans. I have made the tortillas (roti or flat leavened bread) at home as they are simple to make and taste better than the store bought ones. This Quesadilla is healthy and delicious with lots of cheese and fresh salsa. Quesadilla can be baked or pan fried.
Yield: 4 serving
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Refried Bean Quesadilla
For the tomato salsa
1 onion diced
1 tomato diced
1 green chilli or jalapeno chopped or 2 tbsp capsicum
1 tablespoon coriander chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon paprika/ chilli flakes
Salt to taste
Directions for Refried Bean Quesadilla
- Mix all the ingredients for the salsa in a bowl and set aside.
- On a tortilla spread 2 tablespoon of refried beans.
- Spread 2 tablespoon of the salsa.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoon cheese.
- Cover with another tortilla and press gently.
- Heat a skillet, lay the quesadilla and roast on both the sides by applying oil.
- Cut into 4 wedges and serve with sour cream.