Paneer and Vegetable Cutlet (Cottage Cheese Vegetable Patty) is a delicious snack that is crisp from outside and soft inside. This lip smacking tikki is made with a combination of vegetables along with paneer (cottage cheese). I have used carrot, beans, cabbage, capsicum and potato but you can use any combination of your choice. This recipe is packed with vitamins and proteins.
Yield: 8 to 10
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Ingredients For Paneer And Vegetable Cutlet
1 cup paneer grated (cottage cheese)
½ cup onion chopped fine
1 tablespoon garlic chopped fine
½ cup carrot minced
¼ cup beans minced
¼ cup cabbage minced
¼ cup capsicum minced
½ cup potatoes boiled and mashed
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon roasted powder (jeera, red chilli, dhania)
Salt to taste
½ + ¼ cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoon maida (plain flour)
2 +2 tablespoon corn starch
2 tablespoon oil
Directions For Paneer And Vegetable Cutlet
- Heat oil in a pan; add garlic, onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add carrot, beans, cabbage, capsicum and saute for 4 minutes on high heat.
- Add potato and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add paneer, pepper, masala powder and saute for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and let it come to room temperature.
- Add salt, ¼ cup bread crumbs, 2 tablespoon corn starch, and lemon juice and mix well.
- In a shallow dish mix 2 tablespoon corn starch, maida and make slurry by adding water.
- Now take a portion of the vegetable batter and make Patties of desired shape and thickness.
- Dip in the slurry and then roll in bread crumbs to coat evenly.
- Heat oil and fry to golden brown or shallow fry or else air fry for oil less patties.