Khatti Meethi Aam Panna Pakori (Sweet & Sour Raw Mango cooler with dumplings) is a unique appetizer. This delicious tangy drink made from raw mango has besan ki pakori (gram flour dumplings) soaked in. The aam panna is a must during summer and these small soft pakories added ones in a while makes this drink very appetizing and yummy.
You may like to try our other raw mango related recipes like Aam Ka Panna (Raw Mango Drink) and Kacche Aam Ki Launji (Sweet And Sour Raw Mango Chutney).
Yield: 4 to 5 serving
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Khatti Meethi Aam Panna Pakori
For Pakori (Dumpling)
3 tablespoon besan (gram flour)
¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
¼ teaspoon ajwain (carom)
1 tablespoon coriander chopped
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
For the Aam Pani (Raw Mango cooler)
2 kaccha aam (unripe mango)
1 green chilli
1” piece of ginger
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
2 tablespoon mint leaves
2 teaspoon roasted masala /chat masala
1 tablespoon sugar
Rock salt and black salt to taste
Lemon juice if required
Directions for Khatti Meethi Aam Panna Pakori
Aam Pani (Raw mango cooler)
- Peel the mango, slice and boil with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker up to 3 whistles.
- Mash the mango and pass it through a sieve by adding 1 cup cold water.
- Grind green chilli, ginger, coriander and mint to a paste. Add to the mango pulp.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for pani to the pulp.
- Mix well and adjust the seasoning by adding sugar, masala and water.
- Add the lemon juice if the pani is not khatta enough.
- Mix all the ingredients and make a thick batter by adding water little by little.
- Stir till the batter is light and fluffy.
- Heat oil; drop very small portion of the batter in the oil and fry to golden on low to medium heat.
- Dip the pakori in water for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out water gently without breaking the pakori and tip them in aam pani.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Serve chilled as starter.