Chilli Garlic Baby Corn is a garlicky baby corn starter loved by both adults and children. Chilli babycorn is a popular Indo-Chinese dish served by restaurants and the street food vendors.
I have used dry red chillies as I love the smoky flavor imparted by the dry red chillies. I have made this dish for starter hence it is dry but this dish can be made with gravy as well.
Yield: 4 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for Chilli Garlic Baby Corn
300 grams baby corn
1 cup onion cubed
1 cup capsicum cubed
1 tablespoon ginger Julienne
1½ tablespoon garlic Julienne
1 tablespoon red chilli sauce
1½ tablespoon soya sauce
2 to 3 tablespoon tomato ketchup
3 to 4 dry red chilli’s
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
2 teaspoon corn starch (optional)
For the Batter
4 tablespoon maida (plain flour)
8 tablespoon corn starch
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
Direction for Chilli Garlic Baby Corn
- Wash and cut baby corn into 2 pieces diagonally.
- Mix all the ingredients for the batter in a bowl by adding enough water to make a thick smooth paste.
- Transfer the baby corn in the batter and stir to coat all the corns well.
- Heat oil; and fry the baby corn in batches till golden.
- Drain on an absorbent paper, set aside.
- Heat a pan; add the red chilli, garlic, half the ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add the onions, capsicum and saute on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add all the sauces and toss.
- Add the spring onions, rest of the ginger and fried baby corn and stir to coat well.
- Mix corn starch in 2 tablespoon of water and add to the corn, toss.
- Check the seasoning and garnish with spring onion greens.