Crispy Potato Wedges (Oil Free) are made in an Air Fryer. This yummy and delicious finger food is made without deep frying. Very few ingredients are used for this snack which is liked by most of us.
It is important to use parboiled potatoes (half boiled) to get crispy wedges. This prevents the wedges from shrinking while being air fried or baked. I personally like to keep the peel as it is packed with nutrients like Iron, Potassium and Vitamin B-3.
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 to 20 minutes
Ingredients for Crispy Potato Wedges
3 large potatoes half boiled (parboiled)
½ teaspoon chilli powder/flakes
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon amchur/chat masala
1 teaspoon dhania chopped very fine
1 teaspoon oil /to spray
Directions for Crispy Potato Wedges
- Boil the potatoes only till half cooked.
- Do not peel them and let them come to room temperature.
- Cut them into 2, length wise and then cut into a little less than ½” slices (wedges).
- Spread the wedges in a single layer and spray oil.
- Mix chilli, salt, amchur and dhania in a small bowl and sprinkle on the wedges.
- Let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Transfer in a preheated air fryer and air fry for 10 minutes and then sprinkle some more of the spice mix and again air fry for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with ketchup/ mayonnaise.
Note: I have made them in an air fryer but they can be baked similarly. You can make the spice mix with other combination of spices to suit your palette.