Chilli Bean Soup is a wonderfully hearty soup, packed with fiery flavors. It has sweetness of capsicums, tanginess of tomatoes and the creamy beans. It is a great meal on its own and is quick to make. Serve with cheesy garlic bread and enjoy with family and friends.
Yield: 5 to 6 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Chilli Bean Soup
3 tablespoon Red kidney Beans boiled (rajma)
4 tomatoes Blanched
2 tablespoon Green Capsicum diced
2 tablespoon Red Capsicum diced
2 tablespoon Yellow Capsicum diced
1 Onion diced
2 tablespoon Celery chopped (Keep the stem and leaves separate)
1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
4 cups vegetable Stock
½ teaspoon paprika or chilli flakes
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon Oregano
Freshly cracked pepper
½ teaspoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon Olive oil
Directions for Chilli Bean Soup
- Peel and chop the blanched tomatoes. Make a puree of 2 tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot, add the garlic and the onions, Saute for a minute.
- Add all the 3 capsicums and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add the celery stem, peprica , oregano and cumin, saute for a minute
- Add the chopped tomato, red kidney beans, tomato puree, vegetable stock and salt.
- Let the soup simmer on low heat till the vegetables are just cooked but not mushy. Adjust the consistency by adding water if required.
- Switch off the heat; add pepper, lemon juice and celery leaves.
- Serve hot.