Baked Minty Baby Potatoes (Baked Pudine Ke Aloo) is a delicious and super healthy snack. This is the easiest recipe for making such yummy bites. It is a great party snack which can be made in advance and baked just before serving. Very easy to make and even easier to serve.
The high point of this simple recipe is, it is made with a few drops of oil. I have just used oil to grease the baking tray.
Watch our recipe Video!
Yield: 4 to 5 serving
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Baked Minty Baby Potatoes
500 grams baby potato boiled and peeled
½ cup hung yogurt (thick curd)
½ teaspoon roasted jeera powder (cumin)
Oil for greasing the tray.
1 onion sliced in rings for garnishing
For the chutney
1 cup dhania chopped (coriander leaves)
1/2 cup pudina (mint leaves)
1 green tomato chopped
3 to 4 green chilies roughly chopped
1 tsp adrak (ginger) roughly chopped
2 cloves lehsun (garlic)
2 tablespoon nariyal grated (coconut)
Salt to taste
Directions for Baked Minty Baby Potatoes
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- In a large bowl transfer the peeled potatoes and prick with a fork.
- Now add the hung yogurt, mix half of the chutney, jeera and salt to the potatoes.
- Check the seasoning and add more of the green chutney if you like.
- Mix well to coat all the potatoes.
- Cover the bowl and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Grease a baking tray and arrange the potatoes in a single layer. Spray oil.
- Preheat the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Turn them for uniform baking and bake till the coating is crisp. You can grill them also.
- If you have the green chutney then mix with the onion rings, sprinkle a pinch of salt.
- Serve hot with toothpick on top or alongside for your guests to enjoy.
Note: Please add a teaspoon of salt while boiling the potatoes. Dahi should be very thick like we use for Shrikhand.