Gajar Methi Ki Sabzi (Carrot And Fenugreek) is a very nutrition rich side dish packed with the goodness of carrot and fenugreek. The bitterness of the fenugreek is well complimented with the sweetness of carrots. I like to make this dish with red carrot as they are more sweet and juicy. The amchur gives a nice tangy flavor to the dish.
This simple and quick recipe is a must try. It has no onion and garlic which puts it in the catagory of Satvick Bhojan.
Yield: 3 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Gajar Methi Ki Sabzi
300 grams gajar peeled (carrot)
200 grams methi leaves chopped
½ teaspoon jeera (cumin)
½ teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon amchur (dry mango powder)
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
Salt to taste
2 teaspoon oil
Directions for Gajar Methi Ki Sabzi
- Chop the carrots in cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan; add jeera, let it crackle then add hing.
- Add the carrot, toss and cover and cook on low heat.
- When the carrot is half cooked add the methi leaves, stir and cook till the methi shrinks.
- Add all the spices and salt and saute on medium heat till the carrots are cooked and there is no moisture left.
- Serve with roti or paratha.