Pad Thai Noodles (Flat Rice Noodles) is a popular Thai street food that is flavorful and delicious. Quick to make, this dish can be eaten any time of the day.
The best way to cook Pad Thai is to keep all the ingredients handy. I have used a homemade sauce which I made before starting to cook. Also roast the peanuts and keep them ready. Peanuts are very important for this dish. They add a crunch to the soft noodle dish.
You may like to try our other recipes like Thai Green Curry (Veg), Thai Style Fragrant Rice, Kway Teow (Malaysian Flat Noodles), Stir Fried Noodles with Peppers, Stir Fried Eggplant In Garlic Sauce and Hoisin Vegetables With Pan Fried Noddles
Yield: 2 serving
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 to 20 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR Pad Thai Noodles
250 grams Pad Thai noodles (flat rice noodles)
1 carrot julienned
1 zucchini diced
½ green pepper sliced
1 onion sliced
1 tablespoon garlic chopped
1 tablespoon coriander chopped roughly
2 tablespoon green onions chopped
Few basil leaves torn
1 teaspoon lime juice
½ cup peanuts
2 tablespoon oil
For the Sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar/ white sugar
3 tablespoon Vegetable Broth
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon red chili paste
1 tablespoon tamarind paste
3 tablespoon hot and sweet sauce
salt to taste
DIRECTIONS FOR Pad Thai Noodles
- Dry roast the peanuts on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Cool and remove the skin. Gently crush the peanuts and set aside.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the sauce and stir well to dissolve brown sugar. Adjust the sweetness and the tanginess as per your pallet.
- Boil the noodles till half cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or a pan; add garlic followed by onion and saute for ½ minute.
- Add the capsicum, carrot and saute for 1 minute.
- Now add the sauce and then the noodles and toss well.
- Add the zucchini, all the greens and toss.
- Switch off the heat and add the lime juice.
- Serve with spring onion greens on top.