Baked Pasta in Bechamel and Tomato Sauce is a delicious pasta dish full of rich tomato sauce, cheese, and a creamy béchamel sauce. I love tomato and cream flavors and this is the best recipe I go back to again and again.
Béchamel is nothing but the simple white sauce made with white flour, butter and milk and the tangy red sauce made of tomatoes and seasonings. I have given the complete recipe of Bechamel and Pizza/Pasta sauce. You can use any mix of your favourite vegetables for this recipe and I am sure you will be able to churn out the yummiest pasta.
Yield: 2 to 3 serving
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
INGREDIENTS BAKED PASTA IN BECHAMEL AND TOMATO SAUCE
250 grams fusilli pasta boiled
¾ cup onions cubed
1 cup yellow and red pepper cubed
½ cup green pepper cubed
¼ cup corn niblets/ baby corn sliced
½ cup broccoli
2 tablespoon garlic minced
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon chilli flakes
½ cup mozzarella cheese grated
2 tablespoon olive oil
Salt to taste
1 cup pasta sauce recipe here
2 cups béchamel sauce recipe here
DIRECTIONS BAKED PASTA IN BECHAMEL AND TOMATO SAUCE
- Heat oil in a pan; add garlic, onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add corn, peppers and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add broccoli and saute for a minutes.
- Now add the chilli flakes, seasoning, salt and cook for a while.
- Add the pasta sauce and mix.
- Add the pasta and toss well.
- Now pour in the béchamel sauce and toss.
- Check the seasoning.
- Transfer in a greased baking dish and top with cheese.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes or till the cheese melts to golden brown.