Vegetable Broth (Stock) is a very easy broth and just the right as a base for many vegetarian soups. This simple vegetable broth or stock that can be used for making soups, gravies, rice dish and many more.
Easy to make with vegetables you already have on hand, this flavorful broth will enhance your favorite vegetarian soups, gravies and stews where you would like to use it.
Yield: 1 to 1½ litres
Ingredients For Vegetable Broth (Stock)
1 tablespoon oil
6 to 8 spring onions
8 to 10 pods of garlic
2 stalks celery
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
Mushroom, fresh parsley, thyme are extra add on.
Directions For Vegetable Broth (Stock)
- Wash all the vegetables well.
- Roughly chop them.
- Heat oil in a heavy pot and add the bay leaves and peppercorns followed by all the vegetables.
- Add enough water to cover the vegetables, cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Switch off the heat and let it cool down.
- Strain the stock and use as required.
- You can also refrigerate the stock for 1 week.
Note: You can puree the vegetables and use them to thicken gravies, sauce etc.