Creamy Mixed Vegetables (Indo western dish) is a delicious and no fuss dish. This dish is pretty easy to cook and does not require much time. Made with colour full vegetables, this dish is made creamy without adding much cream or cheese. Even kids will love eating this mixed vegetable which is packed with nutrition.
I have made this creamy sauce with atta (whole wheat flour) instead of maida (plain flour). To flavor the sauce I have used spices and tomato ketchup. This is a great blend of Indian spices and White sauce. Serve with tandoori roti, paratha or garlic brown bread.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients For Creamy Mixed Vegetables
2 cups mix vegetables (beans, carrot, cauliflower, green peas)
1/3 cup corn niblets
½ cup onion cubed (optional)
½ cup capsicum cubed
2 tablespoon paneer grated
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste (optional)
1 tablespoon coriander chopped
2 tablespoon atta (whole wheat flour)
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
¼ teaspoon haldi (turmeric)
½ teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon dhania powder (coriander)
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon cream/grated cheese
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
½ cup water
1 cup milk
Directions For Creamy Mixed Vegetables
- Steam the mix vegetables and corn together and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan; add onions and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add capsicum and saute for 2 minutes and then add ginger and garlic; saute for a minute.
- Add the atta and saute till golden and aromatic; add all the spices except garam masala and saute .
- Now pour in the water, milk and stir so that no lumps are formed and the sauce thickens.
- Add the tomato ketchup, cream, vegetables and stir to mix.
- Lower the heat, cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Switch off the heat; add the garam masala, coriander and mix.
- Serve garnished with paneer.