Besan Ka Cheela (Gram Flour Pan Cake) is a healthy option for breakfast. It can be prepared quickly and is simple to make. You can add any vegetable of your liking to the besan batter. Besan ka chilla is quite nutritious and can be given in the lunch box.
Chilla is quite similar to dosa and can be served with coriander chutney, garlic chutney or tomato ketchup. You can also serve with mango pickle or any other pickle of your choice.
Yield: 4 serving
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Besan Ka Cheela
¾ cup besan (gram flour)
2 tablespoon suji (rava, semolina)
2 tablespoon rice flour
2 green chills chopped
1 tablespoon ginger chopped
1 cup onion chopped fine
1 carrot grated
¼ cup capsicum chopped fine
¼ cup coriander chopped fine
1 teaspoon jeera (cumin)
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
Oil for pan frying
Directions for Besan Ka Cheela
- In a mixing bowl; transfer besan, suji, rice flour and mix.
- Add salt, chilli powder, jeera, chopped coriander, carrot, capsicum, green chilli, ginger and mix well.
- Make a batter by adding water. The batter should be of medium consistency.
- Heat a nonstick skillet, pour 2 serving spoon of the batter in the center and spread it evenly with the back of the spoon to make as thick or thin cheela as per your taste.
- Sprinkle onions on the cheela and gently press the onions with a help of a spatula.
- Drizzle ¼ teaspoon of oil all around the edges and roast till golden.
- Flip to the other side and drizzle ¼ teaspoon of oil and roast.
- Serve with green chutney and tomato ketchup.