Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is a delicious Middle Eastern dip made with Chickpeas (legumes) and roasted red pepper. With just few simple ingredients, you can make a creamy smooth humus with a smoky flavour at home. Humus is a must with Pita Bread and Falafel.
This smoky red pepper hummus is a good option for sandwich spread also. You can also checkout our other Hummus recipe.
Ingredients for Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
1 cup well-cooked chickpeas, liquid reserved. (canned can be used)
1 red pepper roasted on flame or grilled
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
¼ tsp paprika, or to taste, plus for garnish
Juice of ½ lemon
1 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste)
Chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
Salt to taste
Directions for Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Roast the bell pepper directly on flame until black blisters appear or cut it into 2 and place under the grill to roast. Now cover with a wet napkin for 10 minutes and set aside. Now scrape the blistered skin and chop roughly.
- Place all the ingredients except the parsley in a food processor and churn.
- Stop and scrape the sides.
- Add the chickpea liquid if required to make a smooth puree.
- Adjust the seasoning and lemon to taste.
- Store it in glass jar with a lid in refrigerator. Can last for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Serve in a broad shallow bowl .
- Make craters by swirling with the back of a spoon.
- Just before serving drizzled with olive oil and sprinkle paprika.
- Garnish with a spring of parsley.
Note: You can use store bought Tahini paste. I prefer to make at home.