You may also checkout our other recipe of Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.
Ingredients for Hummus
1 cup well-cooked chickpeas, liquid reserved. (canned can be used)
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
¼ tsp paprika, or to taste, plus for garnish
Juice of ½ lemon
1 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste)
Chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
Salt to taste
Directions for Hummus
- Place all the ingredients except the parsley in a food processor and churn.
- Stop and scrape the sides.
- Add the chickpea liquid if required to make a smooth puree.
- Adjust the seasoning and lemon to taste.
- Store it in glass jar with a lid in refrigerator. Can last for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Serve in a broad shallow bowl .
- Make craters by swirling with the back of a spoon.
- Just before serving drizzled with olive oil and sprinkle paprika.
- Garnish with a spring of parsley.
Note: You can use store bought Tahini paste. I prefer to make at home.