Cheese dip made at home is fresh and tastier than the store bought ones. This dip is quick and super easy to make. This is a basic dip which can be customised by adding various seasonings to suit your taste buds.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 to 20 minutes
Ingredients for Cheese dip
1 tablespoon plain flour
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup milk
1 cup cheddar cheese grated
Pinch of paprika
Salt to taste
Directions for Cheese dip
- Heat a sauce pan; add butter and flour and saute till aromatic.
- Switch off the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the milk and whisk to mix well.
- Switch on the heat and bring it to boil while stirring continuously.
- Add the cheese, salt, paprika and mix.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- If the sauce is too thick then add more milk.
Note: Various seasonings can be added like Cajun spice, peri peri spice, a pinch of garlic powder, cumin, or even cayenne pepper. Stir in a few sliced green onions, chopped jalapenos or olives.