Stir Fried Eggplant In Garlic Sauce is a simple and quick dish. This low calorie, low carb recipe is quite healthy and tasty. Generally fried eggplant is used but I prefer not to fry them as eggplant tends to absorb a lot of oil. You can broil the eggplant or air fry them. This dish is ready in just a few minutes and with few ingredients.
Try with our Thai Style Fragrant Rice and you will love it.
Yield: 2 to 3 serving
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Stir Fried Eggplant In Garlic Sauce
200 grams eggplant cubed
1 tablespoon garlic chopped fine
1 teaspoon ginger chopped fine
½ cup onion chopped fine
1 tablespoon spring onions greens
2 teaspoon soya sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice/ vinegar
1 tablespoon corn starch
½ cup water
½ teaspoon pepper
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon oil
Directions for Stir Fried Eggplant In Garlic Sauce
- Soak cubed eggplant in plenty of water with 1 teaspoon of salt for 5 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan; add garlic, ginger and then onions, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggplant and saute till half cooked.
- Add salt, pepper, soya, vinegar and toss.
- Mix corn starch in ½ cup water and add to the eggplant.
- Cook for a minute and add spring onion greens.
- Serve with rice.
Note: You can use oyster sauce and soy sauce equally. If you want to make the dish spicy than add ½ teaspoon red chilli sauce.