Pan fried noodles with Oyster sauce is prepared with cooked noodles that are pan-fried till both sides of the noodles are golden and a little crispy texture is attained. There are a lot of variations in the preparation of the sauce though.
Yield: serves 4
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1 packet noodle
1 tsp +1tbsp oil
1 tsp Salt
1tbsp corn starch
1 medium onion cubed
1 cup mixed peppers cubed
½ cup sliced carrot
¼ cup beans cut diagonally
1/4 cup baby corn cut diagonally
½ cup cabbage cut into cubes
1 tsp ginger chopped fine
1 tsp garlic chopped fine
2tbsp corn starch mixed in a cup to water
1 tsp veg. oyster sauce
1 tsp soya sauce
½ tsp red chilli sauce
Salt to taste
1 tsp lemon juice
2tbsp spring onions chopped
How to Cook
- Boil plenty of water in a large pan. Add 1 tsp oil and salt. Now add the noodles and cook till almost done but not mussy.
- Drain and run cold water so the cooking process stops.
- Sprinkle the corn starch and leave it to dry for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a nonstick broad pan and spread a layer of noodles evenly and cook till golden brown. Turn the noodles and cook on the other side also.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add ginger and garlic and stir for a minute.
- Add carrot, onion, beans and baby corn and stir of a minute.
- Now add the peppers and cabbage. Stir fry the vegetables for just two minutes only.
- Add the soya sauce, chilli sauce, oyster sauce and salt to the vegetables.
- Mix and add 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Add corn starch mixed with water. Let the gravy boil.
- Adjust the thickness and seasoning to your taste.
- Switch off the heat and add lemon juice.
- Serve the gravy on top of the pan fried noodles.
- Garnish with spring onions.
Note: Take care not to overcook the vegetables. The gravy should be thick in consistency. You can use a dash of tomato sauce if you like it a little sweet.