Chinese Tofu Macaroni is an easy to make dish which never disappoints me. As you can guess this is fusion cooking. I have been a big fan of Chinese food since my childhood days. Tofu has a low calorie count and relatively large amounts of protein. It is also high in iron.
Yield: serves 4
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for Chinese Tofu Macaroni
250 grams macaroni (elbow shaped pasta)
2 onions sliced
1 medium capsicum cut into match stick
1 cup spring onions chopped into 1 “piece
1 green chilly slit into two
2 “piece of ginger chopped like match stick
2 tablespoon tofu cubed
2 + 1 tablespoon oil
½ cup tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon dark Soya sauce
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon green chilly sauce or to taste
1 teaspoon Veg Oyster sauce or Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Grated cheese (optional)
Directions for Chinese Tofu Macaroni
- Cook the macaroni according to the instructions on the cover.
- Drain and keep under running water to be cooled. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a nonstick wok. Fry the tofu very lightly and keep aside.
- Now add 1 tablespoon oil, add the onion, ginger and green chilly and saute for a few seconds.
- Add capsicum, stir for a few minutes. Take care not to over cook the vegetables.
- Now add the macaroni and tofu.
- Stir and add all the sauces. Add salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes.
- Before switching off the heat add spring onions and mix.
- You can serve it with grated cheese on top or you can also bake till the cheese melts.
- Enjoy this macaroni in my style.
Note: You can adjust the quantity of the sauces according to your taste. There is no fixed proportion as the taste varies with different brands.