Vegetable Corn Balls is a delicious appetizer loved by all age groups. This is a healthy recipe as lots of vegetables, corn and cottage cheese is used. Seasoned with Italian seasoning and fresh herbs these ball are very well flavoured. Bread crumbs gives a crunchy outer texture to them.
Yield: 20 balls
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
2 cups boiled sweet corn
1/3 cup carrot roughly chopped
1/3 cup cabbage roughly chopped
¼ cup beans roughly chopped
5 cloves garlic
½ cup, cottage cheese grated (or any cheese)
1 tablespoon parsley chopped fine.
½ teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon corn starch
2 tablespoon plain flour mixed with 2 tablespoon of water
1/2 cup Bread crumbs
Oil for deep frying
Lettuce torn like small cups
Julienned red and green peppers
A bit of pizza seasoning
- In a food processor add corn kernels and make them into a coarse paste and transfer to bowl.
- Now shred carrot, cabbage, beans and garlic in the processor.
- Now in a big bowl mix all the vegetables, corn, cottage cheese, parsley, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, chilli flakes, corn starch and salt.
- Make lemon sized balls from this mixture. Roll in plain flour mixture and then roll on breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the balls until golden brown.
- Drain on a kitchen towel.
- Arrange these corn balls on a bed of lettuce and peppers.
- Sprinkle with pizza seasoning.
- Serve with Yogurt Dip and ketchup.