Sooji Dhokla (Rava Dhokla) is one of the popular dishes of Gujrat. This dish can be made instantly, with few and simple ingredients available at home. There are many types of dhoklas like Rava dhokla, Khaman dhokla, katta dhokla, vegetable dhokla and many more.
This mouthwatering recipe is quick unlike the traditional recipe which requires fermentation. Sooji dhokla (semolina) is very light and a healthy snack.
Yield: 3 to 4 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients Sooji Dhokla (Rava Dhokla)
1 cup sooji /rava (semolina)
1 teaspoon besan (gram flour)
1 cup sour curd (yogurt)
½ cup water approximately
1 ENO sachet
A pinch of haldi (optional)
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon oil
Oil for greasing
1 teaspoon mustard
½ teaspoon sesame (optional)
1 green chilli sliced
1 tablespoon curry leaves
1 tablespoon coriander chopped
¼ teaspoon salt
2 to 3 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon oil
Directions Sooji Dhokla (Rava Dhokla)
- Mix all the ingredients except ENO in a bowl and make a smooth batter. Let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Set the steamer with enough water.
- Grease a steaming plate.
- Add the ENO to the batter and mix lightly. The batter will froth.
- Pour the batter in the prepared plate and keep in the steamer.
- Steam it for 12 to 15 minutes. Check by inserting a tooth pick or a knife, it should come out clean.
- Take the plate out and leave for 5 minutes. Cut by moving the knife horizontally and then vertically.
- Heat oil in a pan; add the mustard, challis, curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Add water, salt and bring to boil.
- Pour this evenly on the steamed dhokla.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve with green chutney.