Grilled Corn Sandwich is an easy and delicious sandwich. It serves as a great breakfast option. Loved by all age groups, this sandwich can also be served with evening tea.
Yield: 6 to 8
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
1 cup sweet corn kernels boiled
½ cup onions chopped fine
½ cup capsicum chopped fine
1 teaspoon garlic minced
1 tablespoon celery chopped fine
1½ teaspoon mustard sauce
½ teaspoon pepper
Salt to taste
1½ cups milk
2 tablespoon corn starch
1/3 cup cheese grated
1/3 cup mozzarella grated
2 tablespoon butter
12 to 16 slices of bread
- Make a very coarse paste of sweet corn and set aside.
- Make slurry by mixing milk and corn starch. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a pan, add garlic, onion and sauté for a few minutes.
- Now add the capsicum and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add sweet corn, salt, pepper and stir.
- Stir in milk slurry and stir well till the mixture thickens.
- Add the celery and the grated cheese. Switch off the heat.
- Now spread 1 tablespoon of corn mixture on a bread slice, a little mozzarella cheese and a few drops of Tabasco, place another slice of bread on it. Apply butter on top and grill the sandwich in a sandwich maker.
- Prepare the rest in this manner.
- Serve immediately.