Ghugni Bonda Chaat also called as Aloo Bonda Matar ke Chaat is a favourite snack of Odisha and Bengal. Ghugni is loved by the people there that it is eaten all through the day. Ghugni is a yellow matar(peas) gravy . Bonda is also known as Aloo Chop or Batata Vada.
Serves: 4 to 5
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
1 recipe of Aloo Bonda
1 recipe of Matar
1 recipe of green chutney
1 recipe of Imli chutney
2 onions chopped fine
2 tablespoon coriander chopped fine
1 cup yogurt beaten
1 cup Sev Bhujia
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon sugar
For roasted powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
2 to 3 dry red chilli
- Prepare the Bonda, Matar and both the chutneys according to the recipe.
- In a small pan dry roast all the spices on low heat till aromatic. Cool and grind to a coarse powder. Set aside.
- Mix salt and sugar with yogurt and keep aside.
- In a serving plate keep 2 bonda’s, slightly press to flatten them.
- Pour 2 tablespoon of Matar, 1 tablespoon of yogurt and sprinkle a pinch of dry roasted masala.
- Spread 1 teaspoon chopped onion on top.
- Now spread ½ teaspoon of green chutney and 1 teaspoon of Imli chutney evenly.
- Top with little Sev and coriander.