Baked Zucchini Fingers are very healthy as the name suggest, they are baked instead of the fried version. These crispy on the outside and tender on the inside bites of zucchini are coated with fresh bread crumbs and shredded Parmesan cheese. Zucchini Fingers are a good option for a healthy starter. You can serve them with Salsa Dip, Yogurt Dip or any other dipping sauce of your choice.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Baked Zucchini Fingers
2 medium zucchini cut into sticks (fingers)
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (3 slices)
1 teaspoon of Cajun Seasoning or (dried Italian Seasoning and a pinch of chilli flakes)
1/3 teaspoon of garlic powder
a pinch of salt
3 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese,
2 tablespoon corn starch
1 teaspoon plain flour
Directions for Baked Zucchini Fingers
- Grease a baking tray by spraying oil.
- Preheat the oven.
- Mix bread crumbs, Cajun Seasoning, garlic powder, Salt and Parmesan cheese. Now transfer this mixture on a plate.
- In a shallow dish mix water, corn starch and plain flour to make a thick batter.
- Now dip the Zucchini fingers in the corn starch batter, and then roll on the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the sticks on the baking tray.
- Bake the zucchini sticks for around 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown in colour and are crisp, but not mushy.
- Serve with a dip of your choice.